In the recent issue of Newsmax magazine, I am quoted as saying that former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee would be the best choice for the GOP ticket. And in many ways he still would be a superlative choice. Huckabee...
I'm with M799. Article II. Besides, with this election, could we possibly redefine what a swing state is? Is a swing state a state too stupid to recognize reality? I'm not trying to be overconfident, but are we really trying to buy votes with the choice of a VP? Why not pick one broadly qualified and avoid the whole Article II thing. History will ultimately reveal the 44th president was an ineligible fraud, and our side needs to steer clear of that territory. There will also be an effort to clearly define eligibility going forward, I'm sure.
Yes, this column is based out of Florida, so it would seem that an opinion piece suggesting that Marco Rubio makes the most sense for vice president on the Republican side would normally appear to be "home cooking." But until recently, there have been plenty of reasons to believe that perhaps other names made more sense as a choice for Mitt Romney.
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 22 mins ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Dems accuse David Perdue of signing girl’s “torso.” Was signing insulin pump Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago