Dr. Adams presents a good example of what tenure is supposed to be...protection of independent thought, not protection of deadbeats. Dolly, to your statement that he is to fall in line with those who feed him; if that were actually true, there would be no need for tenure. Unfortunately, the rest of the lapdogs in academia value their society and cocktail parties more than intellectual honesty.
The worst part about censorship is that there are college professors who are too stupid to know what it actually means, or worse, that sometimes pretend to be too stupid to know what it actually means. Censorship occurs when the government stops objectionable speech from being disseminated. It does not occur when the government refuses to actually subsidize speech that may be deemed objectionable. But sometimes professors and low-level college administrators pretend that refusal to fund government speech is censorship. They usually do this when the speech is so bad that no one else would ever subsidize it. So they adopt...
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 41 minutes ago
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- National Journal: Hillary resets on Russia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- US to give up control over Internet Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Flight 370 dropped to 5,000 feet to evade radar Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago