Since the rate of growth between CA and TX is similar, it may be interesting to know where that growth is coming from, given that CA is supposedly mismanaged on a par with IL.

Get Angry Now

88wrenchman Wrote: Sep 11, 2014 7:45 PM
Rome is burning and you are concerned with the events of 40 years ago. You sir, are an idiot.
With a little help from the RNC, by not supporting the republican in the race.

History Lesson For The President

88wrenchman Wrote: Jan 17, 2014 7:07 PM
Just trying to lighten things up a little.

History Lesson For The President

88wrenchman Wrote: Jan 16, 2014 6:32 AM
The constitution already has a remedy--Impeachment. I would take these clowns more seriously if they would just do their constitutional duty instead of self-aggrandizing themselves with a "lawsuit". This action will be no more effective than an impeachment vote, but I guess we won't have to hear the whining about "it's a fight we can't win" tripe. If George Washington waited for a fight he could win, we'd still be speaking British.

Millennials' Siren Song

88wrenchman Wrote: Jan 15, 2014 6:30 AM
Great article, well said. Supports my tongue-in-cheek axiom: Tee-ball is the root of all evil.
If there is any silver lining to this, perhaps the collapse of insurance coupled with the fecklessness of the government will allow a cash medical environment to flourish, where the prices of doctoring get back to earth where they belong and day to day healthcare actually becomes affordable. Then, groups of like minded people can pool their resources to help defend against the catastrophe. One can dream I guess. And don't bother whining if you don't have the cash. Anything worth having is worth paying for.

I’m A Traffic Survivor

88wrenchman Wrote: Jan 12, 2014 8:24 AM
Never arGue with an idiOt. He will drag you down to his Level anD beat you wIth experience.
Reminds me of an adaptation of an old joke. Q: What is the difference between and liberal and a fascist? A: A fascist is a liberal that's serious.
I hear you, my own mother actually called me a racist while trying to defend border security. I realized at that point that if there was ever going to be any peace on our visits, politics was off limits. Of course, she loved politics, but I would gently remind her that as soon as it got personal it was over, and after a few more times she realized that she was unable to argue her position without trying to discredit the opposition. She never changed positions, but did quit bringing up politics at family gatherings.