It’s no surprise that many Hollywood actors and actresses are on the left side of the aisle. But what is a surprise -- and a nice one at that -- is to see some of them stand by their ideology even when many liberals on Capitol Hill will not. Last Wednesday, while many Democrats on Capitol Hill stood silent on a big civil liberties issue, one major celebrity went on twitter to chastise some of his ideological allies. On an issue that they are both passionate about, the liberal actor John Cusack -- the star of films like “Being John Malkovich,”...
If you really want to know what Cusack thinks, read this: http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/11264-john-cusack-and-jonathan-turley-on-obamas-constitution Actually, he sounds more like an American than a "liberal" or a "progressive" and I bet if I asked him he wouldn't like being labeled either. Labels are used merely to divide and conquer. Any label but American, that is. I think, too, that all of us need to start extending the same freedoms to those we disagree with that we ourselves claim as our natural rights. No one needs to agree with me on everything. But everyone needs to allow me the natural God-given right to see Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness my own way, as long as I'm not insisting you join me. What is freedom anyway?
- Russian tennis official suspended for calling Williams sisters “brothers” Jazz Shaw 46 mins ago
- Is the Ebola outbreak receding? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Hitching Post Wedding Chapel ordered to perform same sex marriages Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago