It’s no surprise that many Hollywood actors and actresses are on the left side of the aisle. But what is a surprise -- and a nice one at that -- is to see some of them stand by their ideology even when many liberals on Capitol Hill will not. Last Wednesday, while many Democrats on Capitol Hill stood silent on a big civil liberties issue, one major celebrity went on twitter to chastise some of his ideological allies. On an issue that they are both passionate about, the liberal actor John Cusack -- the star of films like “Being John Malkovich,”...
If you really want to know what Cusack thinks, read this: http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/11264-john-cusack-and-jonathan-turley-on-obamas-constitution Actually, he sounds more like an American than a "liberal" or a "progressive" and I bet if I asked him he wouldn't like being labeled either. Labels are used merely to divide and conquer. Any label but American, that is. I think, too, that all of us need to start extending the same freedoms to those we disagree with that we ourselves claim as our natural rights. No one needs to agree with me on everything. But everyone needs to allow me the natural God-given right to see Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness my own way, as long as I'm not insisting you join me. What is freedom anyway?
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago