A Paper Kitten

8411c Wrote: Mar 20, 2014 10:15 AM
You wouldn't get impeachment in the current Senate, which is where the trial would be conducted. That's why no one in the House is wasting their, and our, time with the matter. Now, give the Senate a Republican majority, and the House remains a Republican majority, and then if there is no action on impeachment, you have every reason to gripe, and also proof that the Republicans are in on the good cop/bad cop two-party game.

Obama's a 'Colossal Sick Joke'

8411c Wrote: Mar 20, 2014 9:52 AM
John, Very good column today. So good that, from one writer to another, I wish I'd written it. Punch line was awesome!
I'm mortified. Truly. Obama's "sanctions" are the biggest joke in the world. I just have no words for how I feel other than embarrassed by the first panty-waist president. Even Carter could find his own stones. Obama's apparently never dropped.
I don't have enough Jack Daniels in the house to get rid of that visual.
That's what I thought, too.

Real Education Reform: Deprogram Liberals

8411c Wrote: Mar 09, 2014 10:30 AM
Gotta go to work now and support the 47%. You all have a great day, huh?

Real Education Reform: Deprogram Liberals

8411c Wrote: Mar 09, 2014 10:29 AM
Trust me, Doc was being funny, and at his liberal expense, too. Self-deprecating humor's what it's called. One of my best friends is a self-described bleeding heart liberal with a great sense of humor and she pokes fun at the ideologues of her own persuasion when they get too ridiculous, too. Which is a main reason we're still friends. Humor makes strange bedfellows, I tell ya. If everyone would stop taking themselves and their religions (politics is a religion, believe me, among other things) so seriously, to the point where it's my way or the highway (like Obambi), we might just save this country.

Real Education Reform: Deprogram Liberals

8411c Wrote: Mar 09, 2014 10:17 AM
I don't care what the guy's handle is, King. He's never come on here or anywhere that I've read and claimed to be a doc. Just like you've never claimed to be a king, have you? LOL. Sorry, I just possess the ability to like people of different ideological and political persuasions from my own. Makes for interesting discussions with reasonable people, and a lot of agreements to disagree over a beer or two. I think life would be boring if everyone were just like me--plus, I don't think I'd like the competition all that much. LOL

Real Education Reform: Deprogram Liberals

8411c Wrote: Mar 09, 2014 10:06 AM
Not unless you were raised around Seattle about 50 years ago. You're welcome, Doc.

Real Education Reform: Deprogram Liberals

8411c Wrote: Mar 09, 2014 9:30 AM
Oh for goodness sake, can you not appreciate the fact that Doc was making a joke? At his liberal expense, too. Really. Lighten up some. I've known Doc a long time. If all liberals were as nice as Doc, we might just get along and get rid of the really bad apples of both parties.

Real Education Reform: Deprogram Liberals

8411c Wrote: Mar 09, 2014 9:21 AM
History does provide answers. Look at Prohibition. Bootlegging alcohol gave us the Al Capons. Legalizing it made them look elsewhere for their money. Legalizing marijuana will NOT stop the flow of illicit drugs into the US, but it does make the drug lords easier to prosecute by cutting off their cheapest source of income. Prohibition doesn't work. Just like socialism doesn't work. How many times are we going to continue to beat the same dead horse until we realize that no matter how many times we try the same dead thing, we're not going to get any different results. Geez.