It was a scene that immediately put every American into one of two groups: those heartened by the throngs of illegal immigrants thirsting to stay in this country, and those appalled. It also framed a choice for...
Two problems (among other suppositions) with your statement: 1. The illegals may learn the language and customs, but they have rarely have any affinity or allegiance to this country (see La Raza and Mexifornia by Victor Davis Hanson). 2. Wong v. US was a complete distortion of the 14th. See other huge mistakes and writing of law by SCOTUS such as Dred Scott, Roe v. Wade, and Kelo v. City of New London.
When you hear of people in Chicago sleeping on the sidewalk to be first in line in the morning, you may figure they are hoping to snag tickets for Lady Gaga or a Cubs World Series. But those were not the explanation Wednesday when thousands lined up at Navy Pier. They didn't want to get something. They wanted to avoid getting something: a deportation order.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago