I'm a Republican with strong libertarian leanings - My personal best to worst list in order is: Truman Eisenhower Reagan George H. W. Bush Ford Clinton Kennedy George W. Bush Carter LBJ Nixon Obama

Bowe Bergdahl, Just Deserts

5thDegreeInSight Wrote: Jun 05, 2014 11:15 AM
@jwarrior When I saw the Bret Baier Tommy Vietor interview, I just about lost lunch. This guy is such a complete adolescent that he shouldn't be allowed within a hundred miles of the National Security Council let alone be on the inside with a Top Secret Special Compartmented Information Clearance. Our very survival is in the hands of doctrinaire leftists who, even worse, are totally naïve and incompetent. God Save Us!
Some of the recent Dr. Carson interviews I have heard tell me that he is doing his homework. His statement of conservative philosophy and beginning description of specific policy are much richer and nuanced than they were a year ago. One of our more decisive and successful presidents was Harry Truman - and his most significant management experience was as a Battery Commander in WWI. He was elected to the Senate after about a dozen years as a County Commissioner (which office has both legislative and executive responsibilities.) That being said he was one of the few truly successful presidents who had not had a successful stint as a governor.

Petty Annoyances

5thDegreeInSight Wrote: Jun 04, 2014 1:17 PM
People who don't understand the crush of the national debt are without doubt the same ones who don't understand the physical year begins on 1 October. Gottcha!
What frosts me more than anything about this administration is the disdain they regularly show for our intelligence. The fact that they would send the Taliban back their first string in return for a deserter and expect that the American people wouldn't see through this fraud is just stupefying.
How do these fools sort out the good insurgents from the bad insurgents? Last I checked they couldn't even do a security clearance on a techie and a 20 year old private.

Random Thoughts

5thDegreeInSight Wrote: May 27, 2014 2:53 PM
There are no GS5s doing this - there has been such grade creep that for all practical purposes that doesn't exist anymore for anyone who's doing anything more mental than pushing a broom.

Random Thoughts

5thDegreeInSight Wrote: May 27, 2014 2:52 PM
May not be his 1874th but he did go over 2000 total hours aboard Air Force One a couple of months ago. that means he has been airborne for an entire work year in 5.3 years in office. Probably breaks down to something between 800 and 1000 separate flights.

Random Thoughts

5thDegreeInSight Wrote: May 27, 2014 2:47 PM
bigamy is not fraud - it simply means two wives - and polygamy means more than two - so your logic is fatally flawed - how can you accept legally polygamy without actually having bigamy inherently included?
I happen to believe that it is conservatives of color who will lead us out of our liberal bondage. I am in the most conservative state in the union and my state representative is a conservative Republican African-American (the district is maybe 2% black tops) - and I am supporting a very attractive black candidate to take an adjacent district back from a woman Democrat. In Talk Radio the overall population of successful talkers is very limited so the small number of black hosts is still a significant percentage. Just a few who I listen to pretty regularly are Herman Cain, David Webb, and Deneen Borelli.

Kangaroo Courts on Campus?

5thDegreeInSight Wrote: May 14, 2014 7:50 PM
An old friend now long deceased was a professor of romance languages in a prestigious southern university. He had a very engaging naivete about himself and delighted in relating about his continuing amazement with the fact that most semesters there would be an attractive coed who would take a front row seat with the express purpose of using the Sharon Stone* method to secure an "A" *Basic Instinct -