Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
Lady, I have four degrees and I can back every bit of data I use from multiple official sources.
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Hill staffers hit errors galore as they try to sign up for ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- IRS: The evolution of a scandal in the president’s mind Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Uh oh: House Democrats ready to blow up Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Charlie Cook: This is one of the most dramatic shifts in a generic congressional ballot I’ve ever seen jeffdunetz 8 hours ago
- Chris Matthews: If South Africa’s apartheid government could see the error of its ways, why can’t the GOP? Allahpundit 9 hours ago