Money, like manna from heaven, seemed to drop spontaneously into his $1 billion campaign coffers. Ecstatic Hollywood stars were rendered near speechless at the thought of Obama's promised Big Rock Candy Mountain to come -- peace, harmony, prosperity and "5 million new...
Yes-he definitely bamboozled a lot of people-but they wanted to be duped. The media knew the score, as they do now, and are still trying to pull the wool over people's eyes. The weak minded and weak willed in Hollywood gushed for their own insecure and immature reasons-as some still are now. His election exposed a lot of problems in this country-and added a ton more. We need to dig out of this manure now. Hopefully lessons have been learned by all but the fanatics and dim witted.
In 2008, Barack "No Drama" Obama was the coolest presidential candidate America had ever seen -- young, hip, Ivy League, mellifluous and black, with a melodic and exotic name. Rock stars vied to perform at his massive rallies, where Obama often began his hope-and-change sermons by reminding the teary-eyed audience what to do in case of mass fainting.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 9 hours ago