Money, like manna from heaven, seemed to drop spontaneously into his $1 billion campaign coffers. Ecstatic Hollywood stars were rendered near speechless at the thought of Obama's promised Big Rock Candy Mountain to come -- peace, harmony, prosperity and "5 million new...
Yes-he definitely bamboozled a lot of people-but they wanted to be duped. The media knew the score, as they do now, and are still trying to pull the wool over people's eyes. The weak minded and weak willed in Hollywood gushed for their own insecure and immature reasons-as some still are now. His election exposed a lot of problems in this country-and added a ton more. We need to dig out of this manure now. Hopefully lessons have been learned by all but the fanatics and dim witted.
In 2008, Barack "No Drama" Obama was the coolest presidential candidate America had ever seen -- young, hip, Ivy League, mellifluous and black, with a melodic and exotic name. Rock stars vied to perform at his massive rallies, where Obama often began his hope-and-change sermons by reminding the teary-eyed audience what to do in case of mass fainting.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago