After a few weeks spent tracking down and questioning pollsters and the reporters of polls, I can assure the reader that pollsters are the modern-day alchemists. They promise to turn numbers into predictive gold. We'd all like to believe these magical powers exist, but we shouldn't. The pollsters of 2012 just don't know who is going to win in November any more than did the pollsters of 1980 know that Ronald Reagan was headed towards a landslide in that late-breaking year.
Doesn't it suck being a victim of some grand conspiracy? Makes your belly ache huh?
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago