After a few weeks spent tracking down and questioning pollsters and the reporters of polls, I can assure the reader that pollsters are the modern-day alchemists. They promise to turn numbers into predictive gold. We'd all like to believe these magical powers exist, but we shouldn't. The pollsters of 2012 just don't know who is going to win in November any more than did the pollsters of 1980 know that Ronald Reagan was headed towards a landslide in that late-breaking year.
Doesn't it suck being a victim of some grand conspiracy? Makes your belly ache huh?
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 4 minutes ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago