Serious question: How on earth could anyone oppose a policy that would effectively give low-skilled workers (workers who barely make enough money to feed themselves, let alone a family), higher wages? After all, we live in difficult economic times, and it doesn’t seem wholly unreasonable that individuals working in low-skilled jobs should be entitled to a minimum, universally agreed upon standard of living. And indeed, as you might expect, this isn’t by any means an unpopular idea: According to a recent Gallup poll, almost all the Democrats -- and precisely half the Republicans -- surveyed would vote “for” a proposal...
Yup, keep on drinking the kool-aid all you sheeple. Raising the minimum wage will drive more small businesses barely keeping their doors open now over the edge. This will result in more unemployment and more government dependency in the form of unemployment and welfare - just what King Barack wants. How stupid we as a populace have become. Be sure and thank a public school teacher as they have been indoctrinating our youth in socialist principles for over forty years now.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 14 hours ago