Serious question: How on earth could anyone oppose a policy that would effectively give low-skilled workers (workers who barely make enough money to feed themselves, let alone a family), higher wages? After all, we live in difficult economic times, and it doesn’t seem wholly unreasonable that individuals working in low-skilled jobs should be entitled to a minimum, universally agreed upon standard of living. And indeed, as you might expect, this isn’t by any means an unpopular idea: According to a recent Gallup poll, almost all the Democrats -- and precisely half the Republicans -- surveyed would vote “for” a proposal...
Yup, keep on drinking the kool-aid all you sheeple. Raising the minimum wage will drive more small businesses barely keeping their doors open now over the edge. This will result in more unemployment and more government dependency in the form of unemployment and welfare - just what King Barack wants. How stupid we as a populace have become. Be sure and thank a public school teacher as they have been indoctrinating our youth in socialist principles for over forty years now.
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 23 mins ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: This is the man a malaise-stricken America needs right now Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- NYT: After six weeks of U.S. airstrikes, ISIS has “scarcely budged” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- McCain: I was pals with Mark Udall’s dad so I can’t bring myself to campaign for Cory Gardner Allahpundit 3 hours ago