A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
Wish I could be more optimistic. A "slate-cleaning" election that eliminated huge swaths of the federal government is required. What are the chances of that? Marvin
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago