Harvard economist Greg Mankiw offered a unique observation following the release of the findings of a CBO study on the effective marginal tax rates that many Americans really pay on their incomes, after taking into account any government assistance they might receive and the income levels at which their welfare benefits phase out:The Congressional Budget Office has a new study of effective federal marginal tax rates for low and moderate income workers (those below 450 percent...
Tax rates change people's behavior. How many people would take the risk of working off the record if the income tax rate was a 10% flat rate (excluding illegal immigrants, whose very presence, by definition, is a crime)? Viva la revolucion.
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 11 mins ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 51 mins ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 3 hours ago