This reminds me of the 1850s, when the Whig party was replaced by a bunch of upstarts called the Republicans, who got a man from Illinois named Abraham Lincoln elected president. Impeach Obama and Reid for malfeasance. Viva la revolucion.
During the 2012 election cycle, Tea Partiers were told by their supposed betters that their ignorance of everyday politics meant that they should take a back seat to the Republican Party establishment. Brandishing the so-called Buckley Rule with quasi-religious fervor -- the notion that Republicans should run the most conservative candidate who can win -- the establishment GOP proclaimed that the only presidential candidate who could win was Republican Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. They suggested that four-term former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson was a shoe-in for the Senate. They explained that the Tea Party was responsible for failed Senate candidates...
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Clay Biles, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 9 minutes ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 38 minutes ago
- Dem donors demand discount for Obama dinners? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- The obligatory “LA woman in labor can’t cross street because of Obama’s motorcade” post Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Time: The West is losing Cold War II Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago