This reminds me of the 1850s, when the Whig party was replaced by a bunch of upstarts called the Republicans, who got a man from Illinois named Abraham Lincoln elected president. Impeach Obama and Reid for malfeasance. Viva la revolucion.
During the 2012 election cycle, Tea Partiers were told by their supposed betters that their ignorance of everyday politics meant that they should take a back seat to the Republican Party establishment. Brandishing the so-called Buckley Rule with quasi-religious fervor -- the notion that Republicans should run the most conservative candidate who can win -- the establishment GOP proclaimed that the only presidential candidate who could win was Republican Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. They suggested that four-term former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson was a shoe-in for the Senate. They explained that the Tea Party was responsible for failed Senate candidates...
- Video: Scotland goes to the polls on independence Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- Chaffetz to DHS Secretary: Did you hear the one about the four suspected terrorists who tried to walk across the border? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago