There's nothing intellectually challenging or unusual about poverty. For most of mankind's existence, his most optimistic scenario was to be able to eke out enough to subsist...
"The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." This is the core belief of those who would impose Utopian dictatorships upon us all. Yet, it is freedom that makes our "poor" better off than 90% of the rest of the world's population. We need to undo most of the 20th centuries government controls,and return to the free enterprise system that made the U.S. and Europe prosperous in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Viva la revolucion.
Here's a recent statement frequently suggested by leftist academics, think tank researchers and policymakers: "People were not just struggling because of their personal deficiencies. There were structural factors at play. People weren't poor because they made bad decisions. They were poor because our society creates poverty." Who made that statement and where it was made is not important at all, but its corrosive effects on the minds of black people, particularly black youths, are devastating.
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 27 mins ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago