Quack multiculturalism is the name Frisby gives to the vision...
Racism is done by individuals. When enough racist individuals get together, one has a democracy in action. In professional basketball, white people are the minority. In the science and math academia, Asians appear to be the big achievers. Democracy is a vehicle for bullying unless there are provisions to protect the minorities. Numbers do not equal equality. Equality is equal protection under the law and the protection of equal opportunity. If I wanted to be a quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, they might have to let me apply, but does not mean I will get the job. That is why affirmative action results in an injustice to those who get the special privileges. Eventually, the Peter Principle prevails. Viva la revolucion.
Professor Craig Frisby is on the faculty of University of Missouri's Department of Educational, School and Counseling Psychology. His most recent book is "Meeting the Psychoeducational Needs of Minority Students." It's a 662-page textbook covering a range of topics from multiculturalism and home and family influences to student testing and school discipline. There's no way full justice can be given to this excellent work in the space of this column, so I'll highlight a few valuable insights he makes that would help educators do a better job with minority students.
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago