Quack multiculturalism is the name Frisby gives to the vision...
Racism is done by individuals. When enough racist individuals get together, one has a democracy in action. In professional basketball, white people are the minority. In the science and math academia, Asians appear to be the big achievers. Democracy is a vehicle for bullying unless there are provisions to protect the minorities. Numbers do not equal equality. Equality is equal protection under the law and the protection of equal opportunity. If I wanted to be a quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, they might have to let me apply, but does not mean I will get the job. That is why affirmative action results in an injustice to those who get the special privileges. Eventually, the Peter Principle prevails. Viva la revolucion.
Professor Craig Frisby is on the faculty of University of Missouri's Department of Educational, School and Counseling Psychology. His most recent book is "Meeting the Psychoeducational Needs of Minority Students." It's a 662-page textbook covering a range of topics from multiculturalism and home and family influences to student testing and school discipline. There's no way full justice can be given to this excellent work in the space of this column, so I'll highlight a few valuable insights he makes that would help educators do a better job with minority students.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago