For those who are not well-versed in the language of sociology, ethnocentrism refers to the tendency to judge other cultures by the standards of one’s own culture. Since this is a natural human tendency, the task of fostering anti-ethnocentrism is difficult, to say the least. But it is also self-defeating....
No one would sign up for a white studies program. Wait, it is called History and Political Science. Silly me. Actually, potential "white studies" students prefer the Sciences, Engineering, and Business Administration majors. The real smart ones study business management while learning welding or the aviation trades. That way, after 10 years on the assembly line, and having by then studied part time and earning their MBA, they will be ready for a white collar career oversees, because the U.S. government is determined to put all of American industry out of business. Viva la revolucion.
Ethnocentrism is under-rated. Most college students are exposed to the concept only if they take a course in Introductory Sociology or if they should chose to major in sociology. Even then, the concept of ethnocentrism is presented as an evil to be extinguished by fostering the value of anti-ethnocentrism.
- Constitutional law professor on separation of powers: “Stop hatin’ all the time” Allahpundit 28 minutes ago
- Video: A huge executive amnesty for illegals would be a big mistake, says … Ed Schultz? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Grimes: Iron Dome really helps defend against the tunnels, or something Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Is the world giving up on a two-state solution? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Are the culture wars really just about sex? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- “A**holes”: Turns out Lois Lerner’s not a fan of conservative talk radio or its listeners Allahpundit 3 hours ago