Most people would not be able to understand the complex economic analysis that won him a Nobel Prize, but people with no knowledge of economics had no trouble understanding his popular books like "Free to Choose" or the TV series of the same...
When I was a graduate student at an East Coast university, I once ran into a fellow student who told me that a liberal arts professor gave a student a higher grade just because he was black. He didn't make that grade; he was just "present," just like our current president. At the time, I was a teaching assistant in physics and was totally shocked. In my classes, each student earned his/her grade. Affirmative Action promotes the undeserving and incompetent. And when these incompetent people hoodwink the great majority to vote for them, the world gradually slides into the piddling morass of social equality and unexceptionalism.
If Milton Friedman were alive today -- and there was never a time when he was more needed -- he would be one hundred years old. He was born on July 31, 1912. But Professor Friedman's death at age 94 deprived the nation of one of those rare thinkers who had both genius and common sense.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014