Most people would not be able to understand the complex economic analysis that won him a Nobel Prize, but people with no knowledge of economics had no trouble understanding his popular books like "Free to Choose" or the TV series of the same...
When I was a graduate student at an East Coast university, I once ran into a fellow student who told me that a liberal arts professor gave a student a higher grade just because he was black. He didn't make that grade; he was just "present," just like our current president. At the time, I was a teaching assistant in physics and was totally shocked. In my classes, each student earned his/her grade. Affirmative Action promotes the undeserving and incompetent. And when these incompetent people hoodwink the great majority to vote for them, the world gradually slides into the piddling morass of social equality and unexceptionalism.
If Milton Friedman were alive today -- and there was never a time when he was more needed -- he would be one hundred years old. He was born on July 31, 1912. But Professor Friedman's death at age 94 deprived the nation of one of those rare thinkers who had both genius and common sense.
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 24 minutes ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 4 hours ago