Coburn details a $27 million U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) program for pottery classes in Morocco. The program, which has a questionable premise in the first place, was doomed due to incompetence and mismanagement....
In response to:
It just goes to show you that both parties are crooks. I'm tired of elected morons and departments created by past and current presidents that make rules, regulations, and laws that the American people must follow WITHOUT the consent of the governed. I wonder if any of our elected morons have even read the Constitution. Time for the American people to drive their elected rep crazy with phone calls to either do the job we hired them to do or pack up and go home. They have farmed out all the work to so-called "experts" and "czars" that hire a bunch of like-minded brainwashed liberals...then our reps keep drawing their big salaries and perks and their workload gets less and less. We need to vote on the creation of any/all federal depts.
Senator Tom Coburn released the Wastebook 2012 today detailing the 100 most egregious wastes of taxpayer money. The two hundred page report details waste in all manner of federal spending - from multi-billion dollar programs all the way down to a $300 grant to a small-town library for a Star Wars-themed event. It's emblematic of the waste found everywhere in the federal budget.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 8 hours ago