Hardcore environmentalists tend to take umbrage with most sources of mass energy -- they're constantly hating on oil and coal, instead favoring the tepid promise of wind, solar, algae, and the like (err... maybe they just like an underdog?). In more recent years, environmentalists have concentrated their not-inconsiderable rallying and lobbying powers on waging a war against hydraulic fracturing, a.k.a., fracking, the technique of injecting pressurized fluid into the ground to break it up and extract oil and natural gas. Enviros have been whipped into a particular frenzy by this decade-old practice, clucking that it causes groundwater contamination,...
In response to:
It takes 4 to 5 gallons of diesel fuel to grow an acre of crop.
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 43 minutes ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIS Update: Sophisticated strategic advance puts Baghdad in the crosshairs Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 4 hours ago