Hardcore environmentalists tend to take umbrage with most sources of mass energy -- they're constantly hating on oil and coal, instead favoring the tepid promise of wind, solar, algae, and the like (err... maybe they just like an underdog?). In more recent years, environmentalists have concentrated their not-inconsiderable rallying and lobbying powers on waging a war against hydraulic fracturing, a.k.a., fracking, the technique of injecting pressurized fluid into the ground to break it up and extract oil and natural gas. Enviros have been whipped into a particular frenzy by this decade-old practice, clucking that it causes groundwater contamination,...
In response to:
It takes 4 to 5 gallons of diesel fuel to grow an acre of crop.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 8 hours ago