The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
Regrettably, Mrs. Marsden's comments are straight out of Hollywood, and buttressed by old and questionable data. Her reliance on what I presume is pepper spray (based on her description) is naive and optimistic. As a police officer over four decades, I've seen it fail. But then, if she's content with that, that's her choice. It doesn't mean it should be mine (it certainly won't), nor does it mean it should be yours. S.L.A. Marshal's study has been questioned with good reason ever sicne it's publication, and she would do better to read "On Killing" by Dave Grossman. She also conveniently chooses to ignore a wealth of documentation (even from government sources) that firearms are routinely and effectively used in self defense.
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014