The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
Regrettably, Mrs. Marsden's comments are straight out of Hollywood, and buttressed by old and questionable data. Her reliance on what I presume is pepper spray (based on her description) is naive and optimistic. As a police officer over four decades, I've seen it fail. But then, if she's content with that, that's her choice. It doesn't mean it should be mine (it certainly won't), nor does it mean it should be yours. S.L.A. Marshal's study has been questioned with good reason ever sicne it's publication, and she would do better to read "On Killing" by Dave Grossman. She also conveniently chooses to ignore a wealth of documentation (even from government sources) that firearms are routinely and effectively used in self defense.
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS, partly due to “liberal bias” Allahpundit 24 minutes ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: CPAC review, Lisa De Pasquale Ed Morrissey 26 minutes ago
- Ron Paul: Crimea has the right to join Russia, and U.S. sanctions would be “criminal” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Amazing: Leader of authoritarian gulag state unanimously “elected” with 100 percent voter turnout Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Snowden Q&A overshadowed at SXSW by … Girls Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago