The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
Regrettably, Mrs. Marsden's comments are straight out of Hollywood, and buttressed by old and questionable data. Her reliance on what I presume is pepper spray (based on her description) is naive and optimistic. As a police officer over four decades, I've seen it fail. But then, if she's content with that, that's her choice. It doesn't mean it should be mine (it certainly won't), nor does it mean it should be yours. S.L.A. Marshal's study has been questioned with good reason ever sicne it's publication, and she would do better to read "On Killing" by Dave Grossman. She also conveniently chooses to ignore a wealth of documentation (even from government sources) that firearms are routinely and effectively used in self defense.
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago