The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
Regrettably, Mrs. Marsden's comments are straight out of Hollywood, and buttressed by old and questionable data. Her reliance on what I presume is pepper spray (based on her description) is naive and optimistic. As a police officer over four decades, I've seen it fail. But then, if she's content with that, that's her choice. It doesn't mean it should be mine (it certainly won't), nor does it mean it should be yours. S.L.A. Marshal's study has been questioned with good reason ever sicne it's publication, and she would do better to read "On Killing" by Dave Grossman. She also conveniently chooses to ignore a wealth of documentation (even from government sources) that firearms are routinely and effectively used in self defense.
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 48 minutes ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Be of good cheer, subjects: An heir to the throne is due Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Megan McArdle goes off on suspicious Census Bureau/Obamacare methodology switch Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 4 hours ago