The United States came into being through mass movements of populations. The movements came in waves from all over the world and, depending upon the historical moment, they served differing purposes, but there were two constants. First, each wave served an indispensable economic, political, military or social function. The United States -- as a nation and regime -- would not have evolved as it did without them. Second, each wave of immigrants was viewed ambiguously by those who were already in-country. Depending upon the time or place, some saw the new immigrants as an indispensable boon; others saw them as a...
Mr Friedman keeps talking about the impossible. I do not agree with him. The border can and should be sealed; hermetically or otherwise. The fundamental nature of this Country is being changed by the influx of Mexicans,Central Americans and South Americans who seek to then change what they find here to what they were so eager to leave. This must stop. R L Milch
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 2 hours ago
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 4 hours ago