The Five 'Reasons' to Re-elect Obama

2020Hindsight Wrote: Sep 06, 2012 10:11 AM
The guy you said was "handed everything " was Obama, right? What has he ever done (evidence, please) on his own? Let's see the school records and find out how he got into these top schools and afford them? He is and always has been an empty suit propped up by others. He's just not that smart. Oh, and Romney; he moved away and worked and then started his own business. No doubt that he was well brought up and had "human capital" to work with. He did do it.

The ‘Risk’ of Being Poor

2020Hindsight Wrote: Sep 05, 2012 2:33 PM
The main problem that needs to be addressed when talking about the poor is the RATE. Yes there are some hard working, decent people who are poor, but what percentage is it of all the poor? This is the key factor. Progressives would have us believe that nearly all the poor are unlucky good folks who just need a hand. Conservatives believe, and this is my experience, that the majority are screw ups, lazy, irresponsible people corrupted by the entitlement culture. I would like to see some hard data on these rates for all of us to study.

The ‘Risk’ of Being Poor

2020Hindsight Wrote: Sep 05, 2012 2:28 PM
I work in healthcare where the majority of the patients are medicaid. A few days a go the first four patients arrived in a BMW X3, Cadillac SRX, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and Ford Expedition. Why do these people not have to sacrifice something to receive benefits? The nearly all have tattoos, fancy nails, smart phones with Bluetooth, game systems, and big TVs. I'd bet they were not wealthy before and spent what limited funds they had on stupid things and had no savings for a tough time.
In comparing U.S. violence to other countries, especially the northern European countries, we must remember that here we breed more dysfunctional, poor-quality human beings than anywhere else. We have open border policies. We subsidize and encourage the most defective residents of our country, to raise the next generation of screwed-up, violent, mayhem producers. No place else has the urban dysfunctional culture that grew here since the sixties.
Mr. Greenburg falls, as many do, for the too simplistic meaning of Rand's "rational self interest". Thinking on a deeper level it can be in my rational self interest to be an honorable, decent, caring and sharing person. Being selfish and greedy will on work in a society for a short time before "what goes around comes around. Under her philosophy I can and should pursue my interests and what makes me happy, not based on what other people or the state want me to do. So if I chose to be charitable, kind and helpful, then I am right to do it for my own happiness.

Stressed? Are You Disabled?

2020Hindsight Wrote: Aug 20, 2012 9:39 AM
I work in healthcare. You would not believe how many people on SSI have no disease with a name and are on no medications, and yet are disabled. There are many who say they are depressed or have anxiety so they can't work, and yet the condition requires no treatment. I had a patient who was on disability because he had a phobia about work, so he's on permanent vacation. I have had many patients tell me they can't get a job because then their disability payments would stop. In talking with other healthcare providers, we figure 80% fakes on SSI.
I appreciate and respect George McGovern's military service in WW2, and have read his book. But, if I were looking him in the eye, I would tell him he is/was a stupid man. Some knowledge is hard to get or rare, in that few people know it. There is NO excuse for a government official not knowing and understanding business. How hard would it have been for the Senator to have lunch with businessmen, visit their businesses, or send a staffer to spend the day? That knowledge was easily and readily available, so none excuse given for not getting it.
The one thing I have never figured out is claim that the the (mostly working) white folks are so racist and want to hold the colored folks down so much, that we will go to work everyday and work one day of the week to give them the money we earn. (so they can sit at home with the PlayStation and call us racists)
George Soros has contributed many times the amount that the Koch brothers have, but to liberal/socialist/ fascist causes. And that's OK with you? Not worthy of comment? His beliefs and the causes he supports, are the opposite is what the United States is about and how it was conceived.

The Biggest Scandal In U.S. History

2020Hindsight Wrote: Jun 28, 2012 1:40 PM
Your assertion is ridiculous. Of course they knew that they were selling to the bad guys. The gun dealers were calling ATF to tell them. And, just who do you think that they thought that they arming? The Boy Scouts at summer camp? Come on, just don't say stupid stuff that doesn't hold up to any rational thought.

The Biggest Scandal In U.S. History

2020Hindsight Wrote: Jun 28, 2012 11:53 AM
It may or may not differ, but it's also irrelevant. The federal government is not allowed to do certain things per the Constitution. It's those pesky Bill Of Rights amendments, especially 9 and 10, that limit the federal government's actions. States are allowed to do almost anything, again limited by their own constitutions and certain overall national laws.