How Much Should We Tolerate?

2020Hindsight Wrote: 5 hours ago (9:39 AM)
Looking at life from an economic perspective, I find that the range of behaviors that will lead to a successful (non parasitic) life are really very small and narrow. You can't do whatever you want, however you want and be a productive member of society. We have many people who believe that they should have the freedom to behave however they like and have other people pay their way, since their behavior renders them non self supporting.

Stop This Voter Card Madness!

2020Hindsight Wrote: Oct 16, 2014 11:58 AM
I believe that having proper and accurate ID should be required to vote. It is easy to get both driver's and non-driver's ID cards, which are issued by states, and so are not really a national ID (as in "Your papers please"). The excuse that the poor cannot get such ID is bogus in the extreme, since IDs are needed to see a doctor, buy alcohol, tobacco, firearms, airline tickets, and rent cars. Anyone who thinks the "poor" don't do these things is a fool, liar, or both. Additionally, hasn't every voter fraud been done by and to benefit Democrats? Never heard of a precinct that went over 100% Republican, have you?

The Real Mythmakers

2020Hindsight Wrote: Oct 03, 2014 11:57 AM
I heard in a college lecture on Christianity that there are no writings from either Socrates or Confucious. All their "words of wisdom" were recorded by their followers and students, jsut as in the case of Jesus. In Socrates case, we know his most prominent pupil was Plato, who did most of the recording of what Socrates did and said. Are we to start believing that Confucious and Socrates did not exist because they left no writings by their own hand?

The Obama Riots Begin

2020Hindsight Wrote: Aug 12, 2014 12:32 PM
I cannot and will not take responsibility for the condition of black males. If they HAD asked me whether to go to school or cut class - I would say go to school. If they HAD asked me whether to do homework or play video games - I would say do homework. If they HAD asked me asked me whether to impregnate a young girl - I would say do not do it. If they HAD asked me whether to sell drugs or work at a local store - I would say work at a store. If they HAD asked me whether to show up for work or sleep in - I would say go to work. BUT, They never asked me. If this population would do anything that leads to being a good, self sufficient citizen, then they would be that. They did not and are not.

The Obama Riots Begin

2020Hindsight Wrote: Aug 12, 2014 12:22 PM
Wonder if the fired Principal votes Democrat? Wonder if she is rethinking that right now?

5 Lives Wrecked By Obamacare

2020Hindsight Wrote: Apr 26, 2014 9:57 AM
And, with lower reimbursements, more reporting, more monitoring, more paperwork, and more hassles in general, who will want to be doctor in the future? Bright, talented people will not want to invest 8 to 12 years of their life to be hassled for the rest of their life. In essence, doctors earn a good living not only for their skills and knowledge but also to pay them back for that 8 to 12 year investment of time. Who would do that if there was no return on the investment?

Government Can't Say No

2020Hindsight Wrote: Apr 13, 2014 12:47 PM
I work in primary health care and happen to have an office next door to the Social Security office. I see that about 90% of disabilities are fake or grotesquely exaggerated, yes, that's 90%. Other doctors I talk with say the same. The airport-caused disability of Puerto Ricans needs investigated. As soon as they arrive on the mainland we see application for disability, even just for speaking Spanish. Seriously, that disability rate is unbelievable. I see people every day on disability who cannot name the disabling condition they have and are taking no medications or treatment.
The medical records incentives and penalties were part of the famous Obama "shovel-ready" stimulus in 2009. You might want to check things out before you post.
Would love to read the collected works of Loyal Progressive. I appreciate your wit and wisdom, and your skill with the rapier as you slice and dice! Keep up the good work!
I don't believe that a bank should be able to lend money it does not have. If this was law, then a bank would be unable to make loans until payments flowed back in enough to loan back out again. If one bank had no loan money available the customer would go to another bank that had money to loan. Or, if a bank wanted to write a loan, but had no money, it would have to pay to borrow from a bank that did have money and pay interest to that bank. Both the value and cost of money would be seen in the interest rates.