President Obama recently issued an edict exempting an estimated 800,000 to 1 million illegal aliens from the consequences of federal immigration law. Ostensibly that blanket amnesty applies to those who arrived before the age of 16 and are younger than 30; who are in, or graduated from, high school or have served in the military; and who have not been convicted of a felony or multiple misdemeanors. And while most Americans sympathize with helping those who were brought into the United States as toddlers, raised as de facto Americans and followed the rules, the policy of exempting hundreds of thousands en...
When a country is a 'democracy' -- but it has a large number of poor people -- the majority of those people will vote for political parties that are Socialist. South Africa, Venezuela and Brazil are three examples that come to mind. Even if these people may agree with traditional social issues (like marriage, abortion, religious expression) -- Democrats will often accomodate those positions when they have an electorate that has those beliefs.
- Poll: 63% oppose Obama’s executive order on amnesty Allahpundit 10 mins ago
- Ukraine ends offensive operations against rebels, digs in to repel Russian invasion Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago