My recent interaction with Facebook confirmed what many have already observed: You can mock Jesus and the Christian faith on Facebook in the crudest and ugliest terms without penalty (as you’ll see in a moment, I do mean “crudest and ugliest”), but if you dare post something that is considered offensive to LGBT members, you could very well be punished.
In response to:
If you really want an example of double standards, go to a University campus and see what 'freedoms' really exist. Study what happened on the Duke campus about 5 years ago. Unlike facebook, the government provides huge subsidies to Universities (directly with state institutions, and indirectly with private ones through grants and loans). On college campuses there really is no such thing as freedom of speach -- and nobody really cares. There are alternatives to Facebook -- there are few alternatives in education (yes, there are a few conservative Universities -- but these are very small percentage of Universities -- and none of the 'elite' ones are really included).
- Jeanne Shaheen’s victory lap on chemical weapons in Syria exposes ignorance Noah Rothman 26 mins ago
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 57 mins ago
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Shaheen approves of Obama except when she doesn’t Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago