My recent interaction with Facebook confirmed what many have already observed: You can mock Jesus and the Christian faith on Facebook in the crudest and ugliest terms without penalty (as you’ll see in a moment, I do mean “crudest and ugliest”), but if you dare post something that is considered offensive to LGBT members, you could very well be punished.
In response to:
If you really want an example of double standards, go to a University campus and see what 'freedoms' really exist. Study what happened on the Duke campus about 5 years ago. Unlike facebook, the government provides huge subsidies to Universities (directly with state institutions, and indirectly with private ones through grants and loans). On college campuses there really is no such thing as freedom of speach -- and nobody really cares. There are alternatives to Facebook -- there are few alternatives in education (yes, there are a few conservative Universities -- but these are very small percentage of Universities -- and none of the 'elite' ones are really included).
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 15 hours ago