My recent interaction with Facebook confirmed what many have already observed: You can mock Jesus and the Christian faith on Facebook in the crudest and ugliest terms without penalty (as you’ll see in a moment, I do mean “crudest and ugliest”), but if you dare post something that is considered offensive to LGBT members, you could very well be punished.
In response to:
If you really want an example of double standards, go to a University campus and see what 'freedoms' really exist. Study what happened on the Duke campus about 5 years ago. Unlike facebook, the government provides huge subsidies to Universities (directly with state institutions, and indirectly with private ones through grants and loans). On college campuses there really is no such thing as freedom of speach -- and nobody really cares. There are alternatives to Facebook -- there are few alternatives in education (yes, there are a few conservative Universities -- but these are very small percentage of Universities -- and none of the 'elite' ones are really included).
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 7 hours ago