My recent interaction with Facebook confirmed what many have already observed: You can mock Jesus and the Christian faith on Facebook in the crudest and ugliest terms without penalty (as you’ll see in a moment, I do mean “crudest and ugliest”), but if you dare post something that is considered offensive to LGBT members, you could very well be punished.
In response to:
If you really want an example of double standards, go to a University campus and see what 'freedoms' really exist. Study what happened on the Duke campus about 5 years ago. Unlike facebook, the government provides huge subsidies to Universities (directly with state institutions, and indirectly with private ones through grants and loans). On college campuses there really is no such thing as freedom of speach -- and nobody really cares. There are alternatives to Facebook -- there are few alternatives in education (yes, there are a few conservative Universities -- but these are very small percentage of Universities -- and none of the 'elite' ones are really included).
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 10 hours ago