A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
The takers were better motivated to vote and they did. The difference today is that many workers/taxpayers insyead of whpanting to poay fewer taxes and get ahead want to join the 47% of those wjho don't pay. I don't know if there really is an answer. I am tired of paying for all the free riders and might like to join them,too. What do the republicans have to offe r'We want you to get a job and become a taxpayer, lewave the comfort and benefits of the 47% nd join the other 53% of those unlucky bastards who used to support you"?
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 23 minutes ago
- Pew poll: 61% of Republicans under age 30 support legalizing gay marriage Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Breaking: National lightbringer turns out not to be so centrist after all Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Evan Sayet Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Mystery deepens: Missing Malaysian jet reportedly flew hundreds of miles in the wrong direction Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Andrew Malcolm, Melissa Henson Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago