A Modest Proposal

19Kilo Wrote: Oct 10, 2012 1:49 AM
Dr. Williams: Thank you for highlighting my state. We are very likely ungovernable. The Democratic Party essentially has a monopoly on running the state and it is damn near impossible to have common sense leadership to run things here. Thank God for the ballot initiative process that we have. Otherwise I think that we would be completely screwed. (We do have the best year round weather of anywhere that I have ever been though!)

Capital Gains Taxes

19Kilo Wrote: Oct 03, 2012 3:52 AM
Familiarize yourself with the "War Powers Act". Once you have done this you will either realize that you don't know what you are talking about and you will have made progress, or you won't; in which case you'll still be an ignorant tool spouting off like an idiot. Where were you in 1986? That attack was in response to Qaddafi's attack on the La Belle Disco in W. Berlin. Two American soldiers were killed in that attack if I recall correctly. Qaddafi was a sponsor of terrorism at that time. Reagan made Qaddafi pull back a bit and reconsider his position in the world and how tenuous his life was. Viva Reagan!

Understanding Economics

19Kilo Wrote: Sep 26, 2012 3:01 AM
Didn't Obummer say something to the effect that Oil/Coal should be expensive and if he had his way it would? So gas has doubled since his reign has begun and coal mines are being closed and coal miners are becoming unemployed. What a horrid view of life in America. I really miss Ronald Reagan. He didn't sugar coat issues, but he made you feel a sense of confidence in the future. Obummer is the anti-Reagan. I hope the electorate declares to him on 6 November 2012: "You have been weighed in the balance. You have been found wanting. Today your kingdom is removed from you." God Bless the U.S.A!

Obama Versus Obama: Part II

19Kilo Wrote: Sep 26, 2012 2:47 AM
Dr. Sowell, I wish your work was required reading. Too many sheep following the false shepherd, being mislead and decieved. Thank you for your great work. Long Life and good health to you sir. MAy God continue to bless you.

Upward Mobility Barriers

19Kilo Wrote: Sep 05, 2012 12:37 AM
Yet as a group, blacks vote Democrat and support the same unions that tried to keep them from getting ahead. Get off the government plantation already. If folks looked at history, they'd likely see that the Republican Party has been the party that has been trying to liberate them and help them to get ahead.

Obama's Dreams

19Kilo Wrote: Sep 04, 2012 3:05 AM
Another spot on infomative article by Dr. Sowell. Thank you Sir.
Took the whole family to CFA appreciation day to show our support. Waited 1 & 1/2 hours before I could order the food. It was soooo good. Met some nice people too. I will make it a point of hitting CFA more often. Thanks for the controversy. Did I mention the good food?
Gabby: Congratulations on your Golds! I am very proud of you, and I don't even know you. Great job at the Olympics. Way to go U.S.A.! You seem to be a real sweetheart! God Bless you young lady.

Obama's Educational Excellence Initiative

19Kilo Wrote: Aug 15, 2012 4:01 AM
Sometimes what we think does not come out in what we write.
God bless the WWII generation. They sacrificed a lot. Just like the War for Independance generation. The true "Greatest Generation". The WWII gets 2d "Greatest Generation" position. (Their kids get "Worst Generation" staus though. Damn Hippies & Yippies and Beatnicks.) Thank God for people of honor and integrity.

Obama's Educational Excellence Initiative

19Kilo Wrote: Aug 15, 2012 3:25 AM
Re: Abolition of Slavery (Clarification): Slave families could be broken up, sold off etc... My point is freed blacks were better off after the "War Between The States" (as opposed to the "Civil War"; thank you Dr. Williams). The abolition of slavery was a good thing. Freed blacks were better off as a result. The way I wrote above did not correctly convey my thoughts and I hope I have been able to clarify them here.