What is perhaps most striking about Secretary Panetta's action is that it reverses the combat exclusion policy that...
With little discussion or fanfare, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta lifted the ban on women in combat that has been in effect for as long as there has been a U.S. military. Feminists and some women serving in the military are applauding the move as a victory for equal rights. They claim that justice requires nothing short of opening all positions to females, regardless of the consequences to combat effectiveness, unit cohesion, or military readiness, factors whose importance they minimize in any event.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 53 minutes ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago