Obama did not simply happen to encounter a lot of people on the far left fringe during his life. As he spells out in his book, he actively sought out such people. There is no hint of the slightest curiosity on his part about other visions of...
After the family, the next idea institued by human beings was slavery. Further on, every serious historian has acknowedlged that, without slavery, there never would have been "civilization." There never would have been a public building, beyond a one room mud hut. There would never be "The Seven Arts." Never a road, a bridge, an aquaduct, a fresh water supply for more than a village of 100 souls. Without slavery, you would never have heard of Sumaria or Egypt, Persia or Greece, Rome or France, or the USA. So, going without true slavery, is a new human idea. Yet, we all slave for another, in many ways. It has been made to seem voluntary. So, let's not make a big thing out of it.
After reading Barack Obama's book "Dreams from My Father," it became painfully clear that he has not been searching for the truth, because he assumed from an early age that he had already found the truth -- and now it was just a question of filling in the details and deciding how to change things.
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 29 minutes ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago