The legislation includes a secion on a "Southern Border Fencing Strategy," which is intended to direct...
The Roman Empire lasted 1,000 years. We've got 237 years in, and a ways to go. Besides, the Romans had better government. Read their history and learn about it. Washington and Jefferson may be known as long as the Caesars have been known, but it's going to take a while to see.
Much has been made of the border security "triggers" in the Gang of Eight's comprehensive immigration reform bill. It's been emphasized that the path to legalization for eligible illegal immigrants would not begin until after border enforcement provisions are met. As I wrote last week, it's unclear that the "triggers" as they're written in the legislation would actually function this way. At a hearing this week, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano gave conservatives even more reason to be skeptical of enforcement provisions.
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 38 mins ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago