Suppose I saw an elderly woman painfully huddled on a heating grate in the dead of winter. She's hungry and in...
Showing compassion and generosity is laudable when done by individuals. But when it is done on a macro scale by governments, it does become an immoral act. When governments choose to show compassion for one group, it necessarily is uncompassionate to another group. It is immoral to take money from hard working individuals and give to others who choose to have multiple children with no means to support them or are drug users or are just plain lazy. The aforementioned know just which party to vote for.
Benjamin Franklin, statesman and signer of our Declaration of Independence, said: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." John Adams, another signer, echoed a similar statement: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Are today's Americans virtuous and moral, or have we become corrupt and vicious? Let's think it through with a few questions.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- FBI warns ISIS trying to kidnap journalists abroad Noah Rothman 10 hours ago