Think of today's news organizations as insatiable beasts whose ravenous appetites constantly need more and more news bites, and more analysis about those news bites. The desire for more content for their viewers and readers means that they deem everything new to be newsworthy, or at least newsworthy enough...
All those negatives were caused by Teapublicans not coming to the table, sitting it out and hoping for fail.
The challenge for modern-day campaigns is that the rapid speed of the news cycle ensures that new news is created on a daily basis, even when it is not really news. Blame the hunger for something novel and fresh that can eat up time on the 24-hour cable news channels.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014