In case you haven't checked lately, the U.S. National Debt has hit a whopping $16.8 trillion and is climbing higher by the second. To make matters worse, President Obama recently proposed another increase in spending for his 2014 budget. Why? He doesn't think Washingon has a spending problem and neither do many of his fellow Democrats helping to push his agenda.
Call them the debt crisis dissenters.
The two parties are miles apart on how to cut the deficit and national debt: Republicans want to slash spending even more. Democrats want to raise revenue.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 12 hours ago