Why futile? The RADICAL TEA PARTY, had the start of a negotiating position. I mean eventually, the left is hurt more by gov't shutdown than the right. It's the left who can't deliver transfer payments to its dependent class; they don't vote for the right anyway. So shut it down. See who blinks first. Our spending is simply unsustainable; why allow Democrats to continue that trend unabated? Fear of being savaged by a media that savages Republicans regardless and will always shill for the left? Sheer stupidity.
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon: Darren Wilson must be vigorously prosecuted Allahpundit 22 mins ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired President to issue daily communique at 12:45 ET (pledged) Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- World Jewish Congress president asks, “Who will stand up for the Christians?” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Police sources to NYT: Witnesses, forensics prove Wilson sustained an injury during his confrontation with Michael Brown Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- White House knew ISIS planned to kill James Foley Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Report: Qatar scuttled Gaza cease-fire for not having seat at Cairo table Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago