Why futile? The RADICAL TEA PARTY, had the start of a negotiating position. I mean eventually, the left is hurt more by gov't shutdown than the right. It's the left who can't deliver transfer payments to its dependent class; they don't vote for the right anyway. So shut it down. See who blinks first. Our spending is simply unsustainable; why allow Democrats to continue that trend unabated? Fear of being savaged by a media that savages Republicans regardless and will always shill for the left? Sheer stupidity.
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS Update: Sophisticated strategic advance puts Baghdad in the crosshairs Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago