This won't change. Eventually it will hurt Obama..this is like any other activity...you need practice. Look at Ryan..no teleprompter, just notes. Romney speaks everyday and takes questions..they are getting very good at it. As we get closer, Obama will HAVE to answer the press and we will see how rusty he is without his prompter during the debate. This will bury them in the end.
There are signs that the President -- whom the elite press did so much to boost in 2008 -- has begun to annoy his erstwhile admirers.
Here, a dispatch from Jake Tapper (one of the fairest members of the press) highlights the fact that, after eight weeks without a press conference, the President has instead turned to People magazine and Entertainment Tonight. And Politico's Dylan Byers describes Obama's softball interview with a flirty FM disc jockey as a "thumb in the eye of the White House press corps."
Now, there's not much the...
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 48 minutes ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Watch the most infuriating interview on the Israel-Gaza conflict yet Noah Rothman 4 hours ago