This won't change. Eventually it will hurt Obama..this is like any other activity...you need practice. Look at Ryan..no teleprompter, just notes. Romney speaks everyday and takes questions..they are getting very good at it. As we get closer, Obama will HAVE to answer the press and we will see how rusty he is without his prompter during the debate. This will bury them in the end.
There are signs that the President -- whom the elite press did so much to boost in 2008 -- has begun to annoy his erstwhile admirers.
Here, a dispatch from Jake Tapper (one of the fairest members of the press) highlights the fact that, after eight weeks without a press conference, the President has instead turned to People magazine and Entertainment Tonight. And Politico's Dylan Byers describes Obama's softball interview with a flirty FM disc jockey as a "thumb in the eye of the White House press corps."
Now, there's not much the...
- Politico sounds the alarm: Boehner may still have to listen to tea partiers after midterms Noah Rothman 38 mins ago
- Fox News: Obama briefed for more than a year on ISIS as serious threat Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Poll: 63% oppose Obama’s executive order on amnesty Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ukraine ends offensive operations against rebels, digs in to repel Russian invasion Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago