The Predictable Liberal Assault on Ben Carson

1039 Wrote: Apr 15, 2013 10:25 AM
Revolting? Watch the entire video (not the cuts put out by your favorite media). Ignorance of what he actually said would lead some to the conclusion it was repugnant. After losing some of your ignorance (ignorance is a lack of learning, not an insult) you should understand, if not agree, with what he said. Of course, you would have to come to your own conclusions and not parrot what your favorite media told you to conclude.

The Great Grab Has Begun

1039 Wrote: Apr 14, 2013 12:26 AM
Is this really any different that the government, including 'small town America', using Eminent Domain to take private property for another private company that would generate more taxes? SCOTUS says it is ok to do that. Need a bigger mattress.
I'm sure you will have a great time, Katie. Wish I could go. (She's gonna be a 'bad' motor-scooter when she graduates!)
Background checks- even Fox News get it wrong ('The Five'), claiming that Choe at Virginia Tech got his guns without a background check (April 04, 2013). He did go through one and passed it. When polls question should we have one, it seems like folks don't know we already have to do it. They don't realize that the proposed one includes family and friends. I know, I know, there are exceptions for certain family members. There is no exception if I transfer one to my son's wife- she has to do a background check. And who pays for that? Another 'tax'.

CBS Apologizes for Anti-American Show

1039 Wrote: Mar 26, 2013 11:49 AM
"any viewers who were offended by the broadcast" Is this really an apology?

Now They've Done It: A Sin Tax on...Bikes

1039 Wrote: Mar 08, 2013 12:27 PM
Someone has been listening to old Beatles music... 'The Taxman' will tax your feet.

Now They've Done It: A Sin Tax on...Bikes

1039 Wrote: Mar 08, 2013 12:26 PM
If your bike costs less than $500 you don't breathe so much? I guess new marketing plan for bikes will be to sell it in parts to avoid the tax. We don't tax breathing in Texas... we don't even tax bikes that use the bike lanes built just for them. What a concept in Washington State. I guess health spas, high school track teams, and grade school recess will be next?
Wow... a student/faculty ratio of 12:1? Entirely too much money, and entirely too many overeducated idiots on staff.

Fundamentalist? Fine by Me

1039 Wrote: Mar 04, 2013 10:36 AM
So send me a t-shirt. Please make it one that has a pocket for my cigarette pack and lighter and bulky enough to conceal my pistol.
Emeryville, population 10,080. Chief James must have (had?) lots of support in his community. From the city's web site: "The vision of the Emeryville Police Department is to be an organization of professionals respected by our law enforcement peers and fully responsive to the public safety needs of our community. We are dedicated to making the City of Emeryville a safe environment in which to live and work. " Good Luck.

Denial

1039 Wrote: Feb 09, 2013 12:33 PM
Kick the can until you retire from congress.