Saying Reagan or Washington couldn't be elected today is utter hogwash. They were elected for one reason and one reason only. PRINCIPLES. Saying that times change and that the majority no longer thirst for virtuous leaders is nothing more than elite GOP Statism. How many still think that Sarah Palin wasn't electable? Had she been the nominee instead of the squish Romney, she'd probably be in the White House now. She would NOT have disenfranchised the base as Romney did but would have been inclusive to all. The problem is not a change in culture. The problem is candidates lacking America's founding principles. The problem is VIRTUOUS leaders!
- Russian ambassador: We’re making it easier for Latvian ethnic Russians to get citizenship Ed Morrissey 4 minutes ago
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago