How are American newspapers and networks covering the Conclave? Poorly, if at all. Most of the stories are breathless horserace-style speculations about men they don't know. When American journalists venture into the issues facing the Roman Catholic Church they rightly mention the abuse scandals and then most stop, except for a few who go on about celibacy --which is not going to change no matter who emerges as the new pope. When you next spot an article talking about the slaughter of Christians in the world or the suppression of the Church in China, send me a link. The next pope...
The Papacy changed Gods day of worship and rest from the 7th day of the week Saturday the Sabbath to the first day of the week Sunday in 321AD by Constantine. Prompta Bibliotheca Papa art 2 "The Pope can modify divine law." The Catholic Record 9-1-1923 declared "Sunday is our mark of authority. The church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact". The Catholic World march 1984 p.809 "Sunday is dedicated to Baldar" - (Baldar is Satan). Pope Boniface VIII in his Bull Unam Sanctum (declared he was God when he stated) "I am able to do all that God can do. What therefore can you make of me but God?"
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 10 hours ago