Advertising Sales Executive
Townhall.com, HotAir.com and Townhall magazine have become the nation’s leading destinations for politically active citizens and opinion leaders looking for conservative news, commentary and analysis. With more than 4 million unique visitors every month, our audience consists of highly educated, affluent, and politically active citizens who rely on the Townhall media properties to keep them informed about current affairs, policy, politics and breaking news.
Townhall is looking for an advertising sales executive with 2- 4 years of experience to sell advertising space for Townhall.com, HorAir.com and in Townhall magazine. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment; understands how to develop relationships with clients and close new business. This position will be based in our Arlington, VA office and report to the Director of Sales. Some travel may be required.
Director of Advertising Sales
Townhall Media is seeking an energetic social networking/marketing intern!
Since 1995, Townhall Media is the most trusted brand in conservative, political commentary, news and analysis. For over 16 years we have reported, analyzed and commented on election campaigns, political and cultural news and foreign affairs. Our properties consist of Townhall.com, HotAir.com, FreedomCards.com, TownhallFinance.com and Townhall Magazine. Combined, the network represents four million unique readers and eighty million page views each month.
• Assisting with and distributing marketing circulation promotions
• Compiling advertising/trafficking reports and distributing reports
• Setting up and maintaining Google Adwords, Facebook, Twitter, and Bing advertising campaigns
• E-mail marketing – assisting with writing/creating and distributing e-mail.
• Assisting with marketing videos – planning, writing, editing, and promoting.
You’re creative, pro-active, and you have an interest in conservative politics. You’re eager to work on marketing projects and you’re also interested in video production as a marketing tool.
• Experience with basic HTML
• Experience with photoshop
• Highly organized
• Availability to work a minimum of 20 hours a week
If interested, please send a cover letter and your resume to Townhalljobs@townhall.com
Editorial Internship Announcement: Townhall Magazine/Townhall.com/HotAir.com, the leading online source for conservative news, opinion and current events, is looking for an energetic, motivated self-starter to join the Editorial Team as Editorial Intern.
Past interns of Townhall.com have been hired at the White House, Newt Gingrich Communications, the Republican National Committee, The Heritage Foundation, the Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation, and most recently, at Regnery Publishing. We have many past interns that have gone on to work for various Congressmen.
Editorial Intern Responsibilities:
• Copy editing and publishing commentary and podcast content to the Townhall web site
• Monitoring reader blog community and responding to reader feedback
• Assisting in research and fact-checking for news stories
• Writing and publishing to a personal Townhall.com blog
• Assigned copy writing on Townhall.com and potential ghost writing of articles and commentaries
• Assist in planning and production of video content
• Assisting with other projects necessary to the production of Townhall.com
• Experience writing for college newspaper or blog
• Interest in politics
• Self-described conservative
• Hard working and diligent
• Self-starter, able to work alone and as a team
Internships are for approximately 3-4 months.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume, writing sample and a brief letter of interest and availability to: Townhalljobs@townhall.com
*We accept applications on a rolling basis. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in your Subject Line of your e-mail and please specify when you would like to/can start the internship.*
Other resources for job seekers and employers: