A newspaper says a Singapore man who set his neighbors cat on fire after the feline defecated in front of his apartment has been fined by a court.
The Straits Times said a district court on Tuesday ordered 78-year-old Chua Tuang Seng to pay a fine of 3,000 Singapore dollars ($2,400) and to pay SG$1,235 to the cat's owner for medical treatment.
The paper said Chua pleaded guilty to "causing unnecessary suffering to an animal." It said Chua last year poured kerosene over a 7-year-old Persian tabby named Ricco and set its fur on fire with a lit piece of newspaper.
The cat belongs to a neighbor on the floor above Chua.
The paper said Ricco was hospitalized for four days and still has scars from the attack.
Tragic: Deputy killed after being shot from behind while pumping gas in Houston
We Need a New Republican Party | RedState
Obama’s NLRB just redefined the word “employer” and it’s going to be bad - Hot Air
Nick Adams - Not a Single Illegal Immigrant in 7 Months... In Australia
World's Most Powerful Crossbow! Scorpyd Ventilator Extreme - Bearing Arms - crossbow, Scorpyd
Mike Adams - Get Out of My Class and Leave America
Two Impossible Things That Could Happen in 2016 | Human Events