Congo's military spokesman said the population should not be concerned if they hear more explosions this weekend from the site of a catastrophic blast that killed at least 246 people last week.
Col. Jean Robert Obargui said international experts were beginning their de-mining operation on Saturday in the devastated neighborhood of Mpila, where an arms depot caught fire and exploded last Sunday hurling shells, mortars and rockets into the populated area. The district is littered with unexploded ordnance.
Obargui said: "The population is going to be warned through the media to not panic when they hear the detonations ... The de-mining operation is entering its decisive phase this Saturday."
He said firefighters will also begin trying to dig out the remaining dead bodies from the wreckage of the blast.
Mike Shedlock - Europe Fears Bail-Ins: Capital Flight Intensifies in Italy, France, Spain; Are German Banks Safe?
The Remainderman | Human Events
Meanwhile, the F-35 is still a train wreck
Concealed Carrier Thwarts Possible Mass Shooting in NOLA
Email Scandal Spin: No, Hillary, Powell and Rice Didn't 'Do It Too'
Tonight's New Hampshire GOP Debate Preview | RedState
Playboy-Snapchat model Katie May dead at 34 after fall during photo shoot