Philippine officials say they have resumed the search for victims of a landslide that killed more than 20 people at a remote gold mining area, but that they are uncertain how many more remained buried in the rubble.
The landslide took place early Thursday in Pantukan township of Compostela Valley province. Civil Defense chief Benito Ramos says early reports of about 100 people still buried were inaccurate.
Ramos says those estimates were far too high, but that the exact number is uncertain. He says local authorities do not record the number of mostly migrant miners who work there.
Rescue work was suspended Thursday because heavy rains threatened to unleash fresh slides in the area. Geologists warned months earlier that the area is highly susceptible to sudden landslides.
Decision Desk HQ New Hampshire Exit Polling Is Out And It's Wild | RedState
Open thread: The battle for New Hampshire’s silver medal; Update: Fox calls Trump, Sanders winners
'Worth a thousand words': One 'disgraceful' photo sums up Hillary perfectly
Toxic Words | Human Events
Mike Shedlock - European Bloodbath Spills Over to US Markets: Deutsche Bank CoCo Bonds Collapse, Shares at Record Low
After Youtube Terminated His Account Twice, Hickok45 Found A New Home
2016 Election Primary Results