Kuwait's official news agency says Great Britain's Prince Charles is in the oil rich Gulf country for a two-day state visit, just days after the British Embassy suspended services there because of threatened terror attack.

The state-run KUNA news agency says Prince Charles arrived to Kuwait on Monday with a delegation that includes his private secretary for foreign and Commonwealth affairs, Clive Alderton.

Prince Charles was met at the Kuwait International Airport by the Crown Prince Sheik Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah.

Earlier this month, the British Foreign Office said it could not rule out threats against British interests in Kuwait and urged British organizations to review their security procedures.

The British Embassy suspended services Oct. 20 as a precautionary measure after receiving a threat of an attack.