Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
1. HOUSE VOTES TO END NSA BULK COLLECTION OF AMERICAN PHONE RECORDS
The measure now heads to the Senate, where passage of the bill or something similar seems likely.
2. PRO-RUSSIA INSURGENTS ATTACK MILITARY CHECKPOINT, KILL 16 SOLDIERS
It's the deadliest raid yet on Ukrainian troops, and casts a shadow over Sunday's elections.
3. MILITARY SEIZES POWER IN THAILAND
The coup, the second in eight years, topples a democratically elected government that has been accused of corruption.
4. LAWYER GIVES ACCUSED KIDNAPPER'S SIDE OF STORY
The suspect's attorney says that a California woman's claims of physical and sexual abuse are lies made up because the couple is separating.
5. RENEGADE LIBYAN GENERAL VOWS NO LET-UP IN 'WAR AGAINST TERRORISM'
Gen. Khalifa Hifter has been leading an offensive against Islamist forces — and tells the AP he won't quit until he purges his country of militants.
6. HOW NYC IS TRACKING CASES OF FOOD POISONING
City health officials find three unreported outbreaks by sifting through nearly 300,000 restaurant reviews on the popular website Yelp.
7. US FORECASTERS PREDICT SLOWER-THAN-USUAL HURRICANE SEASON
The same forecasters, though, got it wrong last year when they predicted an unusually busy storm season.
8. WHERE TO FIND BEST BEACH IN THE US
Honolulu's Duke Kahanamoku Beach had been dubbed the best public beach in the nation in an annual survey.
9. 'AMERICAN IDOL,' 'THE VOICE' SOUND SOUR NOTES
Ratings for the TV music competitions are declining, raising the question of whether such shows are fading out.
10. WHO WON'T BE PLAYING FOR THE US IN BRAZIL
Landon Donovan, the team's career scoring leader, is left off the American squad for the upcoming World Cup.
San Francisco Sheriff Who Let Kate Steinle's Illegal Alien Killer Walk Was Sentenced For Domestic Abuse in 2012 | Katie Pavlich
New Documents Show Extensive Collaboration Between IRS, DOJ to Criminally Prosecute Conservative Groups | Katie Pavlich
Bill O'Reilly Rips San Francisco Politicians, Obama Administration, Congress Over Criminal Alien Murder in San Francisco | Katie Pavlich