Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. ARMY OF UTILITY WORKERS LABORING IN THE SOUTH
A half-million homes and businesses lost power to the storm now sweeping up I-95 corridor to the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast.
2. COMCAST TO BUY TIME WARNER CABLE FOR $45 BILLION
AP sources confirm deal that would combine two largest U.S. cable companies. Announcement expected this morning.
3. AFGHANISTAN FREES DETAINEES U.S. CALLS 'DANGEROUS'
The release of 65 accused militants from a former U.S. prison further strains relations between Washington and Karzai.
4. AMERICAN STARS WIPING OUT IN SUNNY SOCHI
From Bode Miller and Julia Mancuso to Shaun White and Shani Davis, athletes expected to win gold have stumbled.
5. TEA PARTY TEEING OFF ON SENATE REPUBLICAN LEADER
After Mitch McConnell helped advance the bill to raise the debt ceiling, conservative groups signal they'll make his vote an issue in November.
6. ABOUT ONE MILLION SIGN UP FOR 'OBAMACARE' IN JANUARY
It's the first time since the health insurance markets opened last fall that a national monthly enrollment target has been met.
7. HOW U.S. WILL GET RID OF SYRIA'S CHEMICAL WEAPONS
An AP Q&A tells you about the ship, crew and process that will be used to destroy mustard gas and raw materials for sarin nerve gas.
8. FOREIGN 'DRUG MULES' FACE A PURGATORY IN PERU
Caught trying to smuggle cocaine, they serve their time but then find themselves stuck in the country until parole ends, fines are paid.
9. MEDICAL EXPERTS SAY CASTAWAY IN GOOD PHYSICAL HEALTH, MENTALLY FRAGILE
El Salvador fisherman tells doctors he came close to giving up hope after large ships passed close to his small boat but didn't stop to rescue him.
10. WHAT AP POLL SAYS ABOUT THE SEXES AND VALENTINE'S DAY
Men are just as excited about the holiday as women, and almost everyone wants to receive a gift.
Loose Lips: Longtime Clinton Ally Trashes 'Buffoon' Biden, 'Sanctimonious Flip-Flopper' Sanders in Train Ride Rant | Guy Benson
Here's Trey Gowdy's Scathing Letter to Democrat Elijah Cummings
Ben Carson: If people had been armed, Hitler’s power to achieve his goals would have been “greatly diminished”
DEVELOPING: Amid affair rumors, Kevin McCarthy and Renee Ellmers to resign?
Ben Carson Is Right On Jews, Guns, And Nazis - Bearing Arms - Ben Carson, Holocaust, Nazis
Paul Ryan is a Dangerous Pick for Conservatives | RedState
- Vladimir Putin’s Russia Adopts Concealed Carry
The Problem Isn't Guns Or White Men | Human Events