Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. WHO FORCED OBAMA'S HAND ON GOVERNMENT SPYING
Changes to the NSA's operations would not be happening had Edward Snowden not thrust the secret programs out into the open.
2. BUDGET CLEARS US CONGRESS WITH EASE
Tea party critics chastened by October's partial shutdown mount only a faint protest to the $1.1 trillion spending plan.
3. EXECUTED OHIO MAN'S FAMILY PLANS LAWSUIT
The condemned inmate took almost 25 minutes to die after the injection of a two-drug cocktail that had never before been used in an execution in the U.S.
4. ISRAELI LAW WOULD CRIMINALIZE USE OF THE WORD 'NAZI'
The measure has sparked a debate about freedom of speech in a state that was founded out of the ashes of the Holocaust.
5. WHAT'S HINDERING HUMANITARIAN EFFORTS IN SOUTH SUDAN
Wholesale looting of vehicles, equipment and supplies belonging to aid groups is crippling their ability to help.
6. WOMAN TICKETED FOR DRIVING WITH GOOGLE GLASS FOUND NOT GUILTY
A San Diego traffic court rules that her citation — believed to be the first of its kind in the U.S. — requires proof that the device was in operation.
7. PRICE TO BOARD AN AIRLINER KEEPS CLIMBING
Fares have risen nearly 12 percent since their low during the Great Recession in 2009, an AP analysis shows.
8. GAY RIGHTS LAG ACROSS THE GLOBE
At least 76 countries still retain laws criminalizing gay sex, including five where it's punishable by death.
9. 'THE PROFESSOR' FROM 'GILLIGAN'S ISLAND' DIES AT 89
Russell Johnson was a little-known character actor when he was cast in the 1960s comedy about seven people marooned on an uncharted Pacific island.
10. HOW BASEBALL IS MODERNIZING
Owners, players and umpires approve a huge expansion of instant replay in hopes of eliminating blown calls.
America is a Nation Headed For a Fall
Nick Adams - Avoiding Liberal Math: 5 Things America Must Do To Economically Boomerang
Winners and Losers from Tonight's ABC Debate | RedState
Open thread: Brace for impact. The New Hampshire GOP debate
Yahoo editor 'pretty sure' Rubio wrong about Roe v. Wade
Every Pro-Immigration Claim is a Lie | Human Events
Ruling In "Assault Weapons" Case Could Gut Gun Control Nationwide