Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. SPEEDING TRAIN CRASH RAISES QUESTIONS ABOUT SAFETY MEASURES
Some experts say the Metro-North derailment could have been avoided if an automated crash-prevention technology had been installed on the system.
2. HOW OBAMA IS TRYING TO MOVE PAST HEALTH CARE SITE ISSUES
The president is focusing on the benefits of the law while accusing the GOP of trying to take them away without offering alternatives.
3. UKRAINE'S GOVERNMENT WINS CONFIDENCE VOTE
Despite continued protests over EU snub, the president's party defeats no-confidence motion in parliament.
4. BIDEN SEEKS TO REASSURE JAPAN OVER CHINA'S AIR DEFENSE ZONE
The vice president says the U.S. is "deeply concerned" about Beijing's unilateral change of the status quo in the East China Sea.
5. PROTESTERS STORM PRIME MINISTER'S OFFICE COMPOUND IN BANGKOK
In a reversal of tactic, Thai police remove barricades and don't stop demonstrators' moves.
6. PORTRAIT EMERGES OF DETAINED AMERICAN IN NORTH KOREA
The 85-year-old war vet is remembered affectionately by members of his once-feared South Korean guerrilla group.
7. VIN DIESEL VISITS PAUL WALKER CRASH SITE
The "Fast and Furious" actor attended a private memorial service before thanking fans for paying their respects to his late co-star.
8. ISRAELIS PIT BIBI VS. BOUGIE
In a country with a tough militaristic image, people often call politicians and army leaders by their colorful childhood nicknames.
9. JAPAN'S TRADITIONAL CUISINE SEEKS GLOBAL HERITAGE NOD
Chefs say Japanese "washoku" cooking, which symbolizes harmony and uses seasonal flavors, is threatened by the rise of fast food staples such as McDonald's and Krispy Kreme.
10. SEAHAWKS CLINCH BERTH, EYE HOMEFIELD
Russell Wilson throws three touchdown passes and Seattle becomes the first team to clinch a spot in the NFC playoffs with a 34-7 win over New Orleans.
How Not To Be A Gun Owner - Bearing Arms - Crime, Texas, Training, Warning Shots
Exposed: Obama’s Love for Jihadis and Hate for Christians | Human Events
Video: The shooting of Laquan McDonald
Obamacare Architect: Okay Fine, Our Law Isn't Controlling Costs
CNN reporter had tweet-on-request relationship with State?
- What Is Your U.S. Income Percentile Ranking?
Where Is Liberal Rage Over Mass Shooting In New Orleans? | RedState