Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. AFGHAN GATHERING OF ELDERS CONSIDERS U.S. SECURITY DEAL
Karzai presents Loya Jirga council with plan drafted with Washington this week.
2. NORTH KOREA DETAINS CALIFORNIA VET
The 85-year-old veteran of the Korean War was prevented from leaving Pyongyang a month ago.
3. FLORIDA CONGRESSMAN PLEADS GUILTY TO COCAINE CHARGE
Republican Rep. Henry "Trey" Radel is taking a leave of absence after receiving a sentence of a year's probation.
4. IRAN SAYS NUCLEAR DEAL COULD HAPPEN THIS TIME AROUND IN GENEVA
Tehran is eyeing a reduction in banking and oil trade sanctions in exchange for some curbs on its uranium enrichment program.
5. WARNING SIGNS AMONG NUCLEAR PERSONNEL
A draft study, obtained by the AP, cites "burnout" among Air Force launch officers with their fingers on the triggers of 450 weapons of mass destruction.
6. HOW AN AP JOURNALIST BECAME AN OSWALD PALL BEARER
Reluctantly, the reporter, who was one of the few attending the assassin's funeral, helped in burying his casket.
7. VIRGINIA PROBING TREATMENT OF LAWMAKER'S SUICIDAL SON
Citing a shortage of beds, state senator's son was released from a mental illness facility, a day before he stabbed his father and killed himself.
8. ARGENTINE RABBI TELLS OF FRIENDSHIP WITH POPE FRANCIS
The pontiff hosted his Jewish friend in the Vatican and they email "every week."
9. WHO WILL SHINE IN BRAZIL 2014 WORLD CUP
A panel of AP reporters and soccer experts predicts who will win the cup — and who will be the surprise flop.
10. WHY PARAMOUNT IS FIGHTING 'IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE' SEQUEL
The company owns the copyright to the holiday classic and plans to stop a follow-up movie currently in the making.
ICYMI: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog ends campus political correctness as we know it
Watch This Fast Food Worker Explain Why She Deserves to Be Paid More Than Paramedics
Hey, The Supreme Court Might Decide On ‘Assault Weapons’ After All
Hickok45 Has Huge Hands! Or Maybe Something Else Is Going On...
Flint’s Water Poisoned by Federal, State and Local Government Failures
Ridiculously Hilarious: MSNBC's Mitchell Gets Bad Case of the Vapors Over Cruz Ad Mocking Hillary | RedState
New Jersey Man Slays Child | Human Events