Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
1. DOCTORS ADVOCATE FAR WIDER USE OF STATINS
New guidelines on preventing heart attacks and strokes say a third of all U.S. adults should consider taking the cholesterol-lowering drugs.
2. HOPE FOR LOWER TYPHOON DEATH TOLL
The president says the number of those killed in the Philippines could be dramatically lower than earlier feared.
3. WHO'S URGING OBAMA TO LIVE UP TO HEALTH CARE PROMISE
Ex-President Clinton says the law should be changed, if need be, to allow people to keep their insurance if they're happy with it.
4. ONE WORLD TRADE CENTER DEEMED NATION'S TALLEST BUILDING
A panel of experts decides that a 408-foot-tall, rooftop needle should count as part of the structure's total height.
5. EGYPT BRACES FOR FRESH UNREST
Cairo announces the end of a 3-month-old state of emergency and curfew, raising fears of new protests by supporters of ousted President Morsi.
6. SEAT BELTS ON BUSES AN IDEA WHOSE TIME STILL HASN'T COME
The government hasn't yet acted on a recommendation made 45 years ago after a deadly passenger bus crash in California.
7. WHY TURKEY DINNERS MAY GO UNEATEN
Black Friday shopping continues to creep further into the Thanksgiving holiday as more stores open a day early.
8. DOJ REACHES DEAL TO ALLOW CREATION OF WORLD'S BIGGEST AIRLINE
As part of their merger, American Airlines and US Airways agree to make it easier for low-cost carriers to fly into key U.S. airports.
9. WHAT HAD BEEN OLD THAT'S NEW AGAIN
More than 30 cities around the U.S. are building streetcar systems, spending millions to restore infrastructure declared obsolete years ago.
10. PAINTING SETS WORLD RECORD FOR ARTWORK SOLD AT AUCTION
Francis Bacon's 1969 work "Three Studies of Lucian Freud" sells for over $142 million in New York, topping the nearly $120 million paid for "The Scream."
How to Write a New York Times Op-Ed in Three Easy Steps | Human Events
Kim Davis Should Have Done This | RedState
BUT WE NEED MORE GUN LAWS? Judge Gives Strawman Seller Probation - Bearing Arms - Straw-Purchasing, Wisconsin
Dave Ramsey - Dear Dave: Going to Extremes Is Unhealthy
Arby’s apologizes to police department after employee refused to serve officer - Hot Air
Guy Benson - Hillary Spokesman on Email Server: Look, I Don't Know What 'Wiped' Means, Okay?